Top up with your bank account
There are lots of quick and easy ways to top up your Cashplus prepaid Gold MasterCard® account using your bank account – and they’re all free:
- Standing order
- Online banking
- Phone banking service
- Bank transfer in branch
It’s very convenient
- Set up regular payments or one-offs as required
- Anyone can send you money using your unique 8 digit Cashplus Account Number and Sort Code
- It’s great for gifts and it’s a free service
- Your money should reach your Cashplus account the same day†
- We’ll text you when your money is available
It’s easy to top up online
- Log onto your internet banking account
- Set up a payment (contact your bank if you need help) using the following details:
- Payee name: (Cashplus cardholder’s first and last name)
- Sort code: 08-71-99
- Account number: (You can find your unique 8 digit Account Number on the ‘Account Details’ screen in the Members’ Area)
- The amount you want to transfer
It’s vital that you use your Cashplus Account Number and Sort Code – otherwise your money will take longer to get into your Cashplus account.
Cashplus top up processing times
- Same Day:
For top up payments we receive before 3:30pm from a bank with a Faster Payments Service, the money will be loaded into your account the same day.
- Next Day:
For top up payments we receive after 3:30pm from a bank with a Faster Payments Service, the money will be loaded into your account the next day.
If your bank doesn’t use ‘Faster Payments’, or the money is sent via BACs, it should arrive on the third working day. Once we receive the money, we’ll get it into your account and available to spend the same date it arrives.
- To top up your Cashplus account at your bank branch or over the phone, use the same details as above
- The account and sort code details can only be used for putting money into your account
- If you have an Express or Payroll Access Account, you’ll need to upgrade before you top up using a bank account
- You cannot top up your prepaid card by cash or cheque in a bank branch
Find out how fast and how much you can top up, view our comparison table or find your nearest top up branch.
†Funds should be available the same business day if top up payment is received before 3:30pm through any of the following banks who provide a Faster Payment Service (see the UK payments administration website for full details): Barclays, HBOS, HSBC, RBS, NatWest, Lloyds TSB, Alliance & Leicester, Co-operative Bank, National Australia Bank, Clydesdale, Danske, Nationwide, Santander. If the top up payment is received after 3:30pm from a bank with a Faster Payments Service, the money will be loaded the next day. We will text to confirm when funds are available.