It’s easy to get your Cashplus prepaid Gold MasterCard® card. It takes just minutes to apply online and you could be holding your new prepaid card in just a few days.
Meanwhile, here are a few of our most frequently asked questions on getting a card and choosing the right pricing plan for you and your needs:
Getting your card
Where can I order a Cashplus prepaid card?
The fastest and easiest way is to apply online now in a matter of minutes.
Am I sure to get a Cashplus prepaid card?
You’re guaranteed* to get our prepaid card as long as you live in the UK and are at least 18 years old. Additional Cashplus prepaid cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
We’ll try to verify your name and address details with the other information that you provide us. If we aren’t able to do this, we’ll set you up on our Express Access account and send you details on how to upgrade to our Total Access account.
Will applying for a Cashplus prepaid card affect my credit rating?
No. There are no credit checks to open an account. In fact, we could actually help you improve or build your credit history at no extra cost by adding our Creditbuilder™ service.
What’s an eight digit security code?
Keeping your account secure is our top priority, so when you apply online for a prepaid card, we’ll ask you to make up your own eight digit code (retail customers will be given the code with their starter pack).
You’ll need your security code to:
- Activate your card and get your PIN via our automated phone service
- Register for the Cashplus Members Area
- Quickly verify yourself with Customer Services
If you don’t have your eight digit security code handy, visit the Members Area and click on ‘Forgotten Security Code’. Please have your card ready and enter the details requested. We’ll then email you a reminder.
What if I forget my security code?
- Visit the Members Area
- Click on ‘Forgotten Security Code’
- Have your card to hand and enter the details requested
We’ll then email you a reminder.
How can I check on the progress of my prepaid card application?
You can see how quickly your prepaid MasterCard card application is moving along by using our card application status tracker. You’ll need the ten digit application reference number that appeared on the confirmation email or letter that we sent when you applied.
When will my Cashplus prepaid MasterCard card arrive?
If you applied online and paid by debit card, or if you paid by text, your prepaid card should arrive within just three to five working days of being approved.
If you chose to pay for your Cashplus card at a UK Post Office branch, we’ll post or email you a barcode letter. Simply take your barcode letter to any UK Post Office branch and pay for your card. Again, you should then get your prepaid card within three to five working days.
Alternatively, if you originally wanted to pay at a Post Office branch, but now want your prepaid card to arrive quicker, please use the application status tracker to pay now by debit card.
How do I get a replacement barcode letter?
How do I activate my Cashplus prepaid MasterCard card and get my PIN?
Choosing the right pricing plan for you
Which is the right Cashplus pricing plan for me?
You can choose to pay monthly, annually or simply pay as you go.
All our accounts offer a great alternative to traditional bank and credit cards, so they can help you with everything from managing your budget to setting up Direct Debits.
How much does the Cashplus prepaid card cost?
Our card issue fee varies, depending on the pricing plan that you choose. And if you choose our annual pricing plan there’s obviously no monthly fee at all. Check your Terms and Conditions for more information on costs.
Other prepaid card usage fees apply, depending on your pricing plan.
Activeplus is a pay monthly pricing plan. You pay a small, flat monthly fee and that’s only when you have money in your account, or when you use the card. You can then enjoy unlimited UK purchase transactions over the internet, phone and in-store; anywhere in the world where you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark.
You can also top up your Cashplus card’s account for free in lots of ways:
- At your bank (at a branch, online or over the phone)
- By Standing Order
- With your wages
- At any UK Post Office branch
- At a Cashplus retail store
There are no tie-ins with Activeplus or any of our cards.
Flexiplus is our pay as you go pricing plan, without a monthly fee. Just pay a small amount each time you use the Cashplus card.
Can I change my pricing plan?
How do I pay for my Cashplus prepaid MasterCard card?
Pay now in two quick and easy ways:
By debit card
- Make a simple one off payment whilst signing up
- Card and personal details are processed securely, protected by Verisign technology
- Works for any price plan
If you don’t have a debit card to hand right now, you can use the application status tracker after applying to pay for your card online.
You’ll need the ten digit application reference number that appeared on the confirmation email or letter that we sent when you applied.
If you’ve chosen an Activeplus or Flexiplus Account, you can pay for your card quickly and easily by text:
- Choose ‘Pay by text’ when you apply, then follow the simple instructions onscreen, including texting the word ‘Prepaid’ to 07797 800601. All texts are charged at the standard text message cost set by your mobile phone provider
- You’ll receive a text message containing an 8 character payment confirmation code
- Just enter this code into the box as directed
- Your mobile phone bill will be charged a fee of £10
- Any amount due back to you will be credited to your Cashplus card’s Account
- Your card will then be with you in just 3-5 working days
Or pay later if you prefer to use cash:
- Choose ‘Pay later’ when you apply
- We’ll then send you a payment letter via post and email
- Take it to any UK Post Office branch to pay
- Your card will then be with you in 3-5 days
- Works for any price plan