Keeping your Cashplus prepaid card safe
Protecting your Cashplus account is extremely important to us.
That’s why a Cashplus prepaid Gold MasterCard® features Chip and PIN technology.
What’s an eight digit security code?
Keeping your account secure is our top priority, so when you apply for a prepaid card, we’ll ask you to make up your own eight digit code. You’ll need your security code to:
What if I forget my security code?
No problem! Just check your email for the confirmation we sent you after your successful application. If you purchased your Cashplus prepaid card from a retail store, you’ll find this security code in your welcome pack. Alternatively, you can contact Customer Services.
Using your Cashplus prepaid MasterCard in shops or restaurants
- Always cover the keypad when asked to enter your PIN
- Never reveal your PIN to anyone
- Remember to take your card back once the transaction’s been made
- Please keep receipts as a record of payments
Using your Cashplus prepaid MasterCard card online
- You may be asked to confirm the last three digits of the number printed on the signature panel on the reverse of your card. This number’s unique to your card and is an extra security feature
- Protect your PC by regularly updating your operating system and anti-virus software
- Only shop at secure websites. Ensure the security icon (a locked padlock or broken key symbol) is displayed in your browser window
- We never send emails requesting security or any other confidential information. Don’t reply to any such emails or disclose any personal information. If you think you’ve received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email including the header and footer to firstname.lastname@example.org then delete it from your email account
- Never disclose your PIN online. Please contact us if you are asked to do so.
Using your Cashplus prepaid MasterCard card at cash machines*
- Beware of suspicious activity
- Contact customer services or the owner bank of the cash machine if you experience problems.
- Count your cash in a safe place
- Always cover the keypad when entering your PIN
- Please keep your receipt and don’t leave it near a cash machine
- Remember your card, cash and receipt when leaving an ATM. Cash machine withdrawals are available with Total Access and Payroll Access accounts
How do I keep my Cashplus prepaid MasterCard card safe?
- Memorise your PIN, never write it down or disclose it and use caution at an ATM
- If you suspect that someone else knows your PIN, change it as soon as possible
- Keep it secure and never give it to anyone
- Your Cashplus prepaid card combines the latest Chip card technology with your personal four digit PIN, offering a more secure way to pay
Protecting your Cashplus prepaid card
- To use abroad, have our contact details with you. To call us from abroad, start with the international dialling code where you are (for example: 00). Then the country code for the UK (44). Then the UK number, without the first 0
- Be vigilant when using a cash machine and always protect your Cashplus prepaid card PIN
- Never leave your card unattended
- If your card is lost or stolen while you’re away, contact Customer Services
- Make sure you always carefully check the entries on your statement. If you find any unexpected or incorrect transactions, contact us immediately