The Cashplus Direct Debit service works just like any High Street bank’s – allowing you to get any bill sorted out quickly and easily – with one exception – it’s 2 times better than anyone else’s.
That’s because we give you:
- Free alerts – if it looks like a Direct Debit’s going to bounce, we’ll alert you before your payment’s due
- Debit Protect™ – instant emergency one-off loan of up to £1,000 to cover a payment shortfall
Our priority is to make sure your payments are made on time, every time, minimising your administration to save your business time and money, because:
- Once set up, we’ll monitor the payments due on your behalf each day
- We’ll keep an eye on how much you owe and give you FREE alerts the day before it’s due if your account has an insufficient balance to cover the payment(s)
To set up Direct Debits on your Cashplus Account, you’ll need:
- Your unique Cashplus Account Number (If you’re an existing customer, you’ll find this in Online Servicing under ‘Account details’. If you’re about to become a Cashplus customer, we’ll send your account details via an email once your account’s set up)
- The Cashplus Sort Code: (08-71-99)
- For ‘Bank name’, put: APS Financial Ltd
- For ‘Bank address’, put: PO Box 71064, London, SE1P 4ZE
We’ll send you an email confirming everything’s set up – Please remember to maintain a sufficient balance in your Cashplus Business Account to cover your payments. You can then manage and view your Direct Debits via Online Servicing under ‘Payments & Transfers’. Please see your Terms and Conditions for details of any relevant fees.
And of course, for complete peace of mind, you’ll be covered by the Direct Debit Guarantee scheme. So if an error is made in the payment of a Direct Debit by the organisation that you wanted to pay, or by Cashplus, a full and immediate refund will be made.
What’s more, you’re also protected if:
- A payment amount or date changes
- You wish to cancel a Direct Debit (at any time)
Please note that if you’re given a refund that you’re not entitled to, it must be repaid.
You can also pay your business’ bills by Standing Order or one-off payment, with our 24/7 online Payments and Transfers service.